Whenever consumers hear the word ‘free’, they are automatically inclined towards it. It is basic human nature, after all. Everybody wants to enjoy more for less. Internet service providers cash in this tendency for building and retaining their subscriber base. Following are some of the best private and public sector ISPs who benefit the masses with cost-free perks, hoping to generate more leads and gain people’s favor.
Private Internet Providers & their Service Perks
How do some of the most popular internet providers Los Angeles houses maintain their hegemony over smaller carriers? What are the extra freebies they offer alongside their internet deals to catch people’s attention? Let us hear it from the top ISPs below:
- Charter Spectrum – This internet provider uses a number of tricks to lure customers towards its landing page. The first one is the free modem, which is included in nearly all of its internet plans without the annoying monthly fee. The second is the contract-free policy, which liberates you from being bound to a piece of paper, and enables you to enjoy the broadband service on a month-to-month basis. The third is the ‘no data cap’ implementation, which absolves you from adhering to a limit. The fourth is the free antivirus protection, free Epix subscription, and free access to thousands of nationwide hotspots, etc. which you can get upon subscribing to Spectrum internet by Local Cable Deals.
- CenturyLink – Once you acquire a basic CenturyLink internet plan, you can stay protected with a Norton-powered online security suite, which is of $50 value. Moreover, you can also get your money back with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, waive off the equipment setup fee with the self-installation kit, and qualify for a prepaid Visa card of up to $150 free by getting a CenturyLink package.
- Xfinity from Comcast – Besides delivering fast internet speeds, this provider offers a free One-Hour Pass through which you can use Xfinity’s Wi-Fi on Demand service anywhere you are, across a range of devices. With a subscription to the ‘Internet on the Go’, you can access over eight million hotspots nationwide free. If you are worried about network safety, Xfinity includes Norton™ Security Online in nearly all of its internet plans. In the domain of smartphone apps, you’re free to download the Xfinity Connect App (to manage your Voice & email services) and the xFi app (to personalize your Wi-Fi network with a greater set of controls, including the Parental ones) to optimize your experience.
- Cox Communications – Which ‘free services’ does Cox extend to its customers? Let us see. There is a free Security Suite by McAfee, a free Cox email account with Cloud access, free installation of equipment, 30-day money-back guarantee, free connection to 650,000+ Wi-Fi hotspots, Panoramic Wi-Fi app and so much more.
- AT&T – This telecom conglomerate has wonderful coverage across 21 states and offers some of the most exciting amenities alongside its plans, such as 6 months of Spotify Premium and a Roku Streaming Stick when you order internet online. Moreover, it provides access to 30,000+ nationwide hotspots, AT&T Internet Security Suite powered by McAfee®, and Smart Home Manager App for no extra charge.
In addition to these freebies, the aforementioned companies also offer considerable discounts to people with low-income, to the elderly, and even to the veterans.
Public Internet Providers & their Service Perks
If, on the other hand, you’re interested in ‘free internet’ itself instead of ‘free services, then you need to shift your gaze towards the public institutions, like the central library, the airport, the theatres, and other buildings, which serve free Wi-Fi to the people. Besides these, there are certain ‘free ISPs’ in the US as well which allow you to access the web at a next to nothing cost. Some of them are:
- SoCal Free Net – Offering free dial-up internet to those residing in South California primarily, including the areas of Los Angeles, Ventura County, San Diego, Orange County, etc.
- Sailor – A dial-up network service catering to Maryland citizens.
- Nyx Net – A public service internet provider providing connectivity to those living in Denver.
- MetConnect – A free internet service provider with a simple interface that delivers signals to NYC residents.
- Aztec Freenet – A free internet provision platform for the residents of Arizona.
The list goes on.
So, if you are looking for cost-free services that relieve your pocket, then consider the aforementioned internet providers for your daily usage to make the most out of their offers.